Monday, February 8, 2010

Quick Project: Cork Wreath



If you’re anything like me in the winter, wine corks accumulate very quickly. I keep them in a large glass vase and when they are falling out of the top, it is time to do something with them. I have made several things from them, cork bulletin boards, picture frames, trays, so this year I thought of something else fun, a wreath. The best thing about a cork wreath is you can use it year round and just change the ribbon as the seasons change.

All you need are corks (a lot of them- I always think I have more than I need and don’t have enough), hot glue gun, and a straw wreath (about 2 bucks at any craft store), and very importantly a cold glass of water nearby (as you will inevitably burn your fingers and a quick dunk in the water with save you serious pain).

You can arrange the corks in any way you like- I just suggest deciding that before you start and keep the pattern consistent. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment